Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Before
I have been painting and I can't wait to show you. There is still tons I want to do in the room but I was to excited to wait.  Since we don't have basements here in Texas a lot of homes have what they call a game room upstairs. We have a great game room with a theater room right off it (the double doors). When we moved in it was painted red. You know in the past I have had some red accent walls but I actually have a thing against rooms painted all red. It was very loud. You turned the corner and bam! there is was.
 So I gave it some new life.
After


Ballard Design
Mike came home and was very unsure of the color (even though the wall had swatches of the color on them for at least 3 weeks). He got me a bit nervous until I got the mail that day and one of my favorite catalogs, Ballard Design had come. It is full of aqua, full I tell you. Even for outdoor rooms. You have to check it out.



I have also been drooling over this wall in Pottery Barn forever. It is filed in "house ideas" on my computer. (I will have to share some of the other pictures someday) I have been collecting frames to do my family photo wall right over the chair
Pottery Barn
I am going to add some more color to the room. The colors of the lanterns on top of the book case. 
 This is the fabric I have picked out to make the drapes  (no I don't sew) but Mike has put me on pause for a bit.

I am really liking the color.  It is very relaxing. My style is kind of changing from the reds and deep yellow  feel to the light bright feel but with all the stuff I already have it is hard to start over.

No comments:

Post a Comment